April 19, 2012

BIRTHDAY // ON BEING KIND OF LEGAL

As I mentioned in this post, I'm officially 21 and have no fun birthdays left to look forward to.   Since celebrating in style was one of my goals, and another one of my goals was to share my accomplishments,  you lovely folks get to relive my birthday with me!

It actually was, for the most part, quite fun.  My birthday fell on Good Friday, the weekend of Easter.  Since so many friends were heading home for the weekend, it was decided that a Thursday night shindig must happen.

found thanks to the matchbook gals
So it did.  A group of about 8 of us - mostly girls from my sorority, but also my best friend and a few of my good guy friends - headed out to celebrate at a piano bar called Howl at exactly midnight on my birthday.  Actually, I got into the bar at around 11:57 so I was still a bit illegal (that's where the title of this post comes from).

After a short couple hours and a few drinks, it was time to head home.  I was still a good intern and went to work at 8 a.m. the next day.  My free starbucks drink was definitely motivation to roll out of bed!

My coworkers/the company treated me to a nice lunch.  Then, a couple of my non-21 friends took me out to dinner at one of my favorites - a local mexican place.  I ordered a margarita, of course. 

I think what I'm most excited about being of legal drinking age is funnily enough, not drinking.  I'm excited to get into the bars to see concerts!  Of course, I won't say no too a few cool drinks this summer.  My senior year house has the perfect summer backyard!

So that's the story of when I turned 21.  Feel free to mock me about piano dancing any ol' time.

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated 21st! It's such a fun birthday age, enjoy :)

    And there are definitely more fun ones. 25 isn't TOO far ahead, and a quarter of a century is pretty cool haha.

    Also, yay! Blog button! Thanks again for doing a little switch with me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm definitely going to enjoy it :) I suppose you're right about 25! I love the blog button swap idea - it's genius (and yours is adorable!)

      Delete
  2. and at 25 you can rent a car! you know you've been dying to hit that milestone :P

    Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete