May 30, 2012

BOOKWORM // GIRLS IN WHITE DRESSES

Because of my grown-up real-life schedule and the fact that I don't have classes to study for, I've had my nose in a book after 5 p.m. on most nights. Last weekend, I visited the local library and started to track down a few of the 100+ books on my to-read list.

I managed to find Girls in White Dresses, by Jennifer Close.


I originally found the book via pinterest, on a list of 10 books every girls should read in her twenties.
Girls in White Dresses follows a gaggle of college friends through their twenties. It focuses mainly on their love lives, as to be expected from the title, but it touches on their careers too.

All in all, it was a decent book for mindless summer reading, but I wasn't caught up in it. It didn't quite live up to my expectations. Maybe I wanted a better, more "happily ever after" ending. Maybe I just wished her characters were slightly less cynical.

I did enjoy that she focused on characters in their twenties. Books with 20-something main characters are hard to come by. I tend to gravitate towards them, because of the sheer fact that I too am 20-something.

Have you read Girls in White Dresses? What did you think? Are there any books about 20-somethings that I shouldn't miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment