December 11, 2013

BOOK WORTHY READS // DECEMBER 2013


I went on a bit of a reading binge over Thanksgiving and couldn't put down my Kindle for a minute. The novel by Kevin Kwan was an awesome read. Filled with love, drama, and aspirational fantasies of being crazy rich, Crazy Rich Asians was a (long!) book that fulfilled my need to escape reality. It tells the story of many different intertwining characters, so I wasn't bored for a minute. The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls by Anton DiSclafani was also fantastic, but in a very different way. It's the coming-of-age story of a girl from Florida who was sent to a girls camp in Virginia during the Great Depression. I also devoured Divergent by Veronica Roth but the cover wasn't post-worthy! It's sweeping the young adult/distopian reading world and I finally picked up a copy after seeing the trailer for it before the Catching Fire movie. If you liked the Hunger Games, you will absolutely love Divergent. I can't wait to pick up the next two books in the series!

Have you read any book club worthy books lately? A few friends and I are eager to start a real, wine-and-cheese-included book club soon and we'd love suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. I just read Divergent and Insurgent in the past month; still waiting for my copy of Allegiant! I love that your book club is going to include wine and cheese; excellent choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete