July 24, 2012

HAPPY DAYS // MID-JULY

I feel like I've been neglecting this space lately. The truth is that I've just been too busy living to write about living. I've somehow managed to find a great balance lately (so that's what keeping a new years resolution feels like!) and I've had some very happy days.

via

A list of them...because it's me.

 - Having a lovely visitor, my sister, for the weekend. We squeezed in some pool time, shopping, card playing and general merriment.
 - Lots of tennis being played after work with friends.
 - Plenty of working out. I'm actually looking forward to my workouts. I haven't felt like that since my days as a tennis fanatic in high school!
 - Some productive days at work, and some not-so-productive ones. I'm enjoying the lull before the State Fair begins and my job becomes exponentially more hectic.
 - Reading a few good books when I can squeeze reading into the day.  I promise to catch you up soon.
 - The kids I babysit for being extra adorable as of late.
 - The promise of an iphone! My parents have been adament against it, until my dad got one in his hands. He was smitten, and now our family plan is compatible with my dream purchase. September 1 can't come soon enough.
 - Zip-lining with my internship last Friday. I was actually paid to zip-line, because we're doing a photo shoot up in the trees and my bosses wanted to scout the location. I used to be afraid of heights, but I had no problem being a monkey for the afternoon!
 - Lastly, Olympic coverage ramping up. I am a complete sucker for anything Olympic (even trials!). I'm planning on spending my time in the gym watching olympians while on the elliptical. Say that 10 times fast.

Have your days been happy lately? I'd love to hear about 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment