December 28, 2012

BOOKWORM // WILD

Breaks have become a bit of a cramming session for me, but an enjoyable one. My goal for any break is to cram as much family time, friend time and reading-for-fun in as possible. This Christmas break was no different.



Even Oprah likes it. Via.

I started my recreational studies with Wild by Cheryl Strayed. The book is a memoir of one (figuratively) lost 20-something woman who sets off to hike the Pacific Crest Trail through California and Oregon. I've dabbled in backpacking (my claim to fame was a weeklong trek in Wyoming) and am an avid day-hiker, so this book was right up my ally. I loved Cheryl's narration, making a walk in the woods somehow suspenseful, heartwarming and relatable. I did take me a while to really get into the story, but once I did, there was no going back! I'd heartily recommend it to any woman, especially ambitious ones.

Have you read Wild? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I loooooved this book so much!! Glad you read it and enjoyed too :D

    ReplyDelete