February 13, 2012

THANK YOU // AND THANK YOU FOR NOT HITTING ME

While reading TIME’s must-read links for your lunch break, I came across this wonderful article about thank you notes from famous people.  Let’s not talk about the fact that I now consistently read TIME’s must-read links for your lunch break. 
The link shows thank you notes from some iconic names.  Take Ronald Reagan, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, and my favorite - the author of The BFG, and you’ve got yourself quite a party.  These thank you notes are simply unforgettable.  One made me tear up.  One made me giggle.  Others had me in awe. 
It just got me thinking.  I have never written a thank you note that is half as memorable as one of these.  I want to change that, STAT.   I’m going to try to single-handedly bring back the thank you.  Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment